Create your sacred space
Affordable Unlimited Memberships. No Commitment. Ever.
YOUR PRACTICE. YOUR WAY.
Sacred Spaces offers drop-in options for all weekly classes for $15.
Our Drop-in pricing is on sliding scale ($10 min - $20).
feel comfortable paying what you are able.
No questions asked.
The shift of the seasons from summer to winter offers a prime opportunity to engage in the practice of building ojas. Ojas is our source of reserve energy, immunity, and endurance that brings a sense of love, stability, and ease. It is the antidote to stress, depletion, and exhaustion. This Fall Rejuvenation program provides a variety of ojas building practices so you will feel rejuvenated, nourished, and ready for winter.
In many spiritual traditions, 40 days is an auspicious number for transformation. In yoga, 40 days of consistent meditation practice allows the subtle aspect of meditation to take root. Ayurveda also teaches that it takes 40 days for food eaten today to nourish all the tissues and cells in the body. This program sees you through such transformation of both body and mind.
This program will:
• Gently cleanse impurities from the body & balance your internal digestive fire
• Nourish your physical tissues to superior health
• Prompt self-reflection for personal growth and healing
• Provide tools to counter the negative effects of stress and seasonal change
• Rejuvenate your sense of vitality, immunity, and steadiness
• Weave basic principles of Ayurveda into your daily life
Meet once in-person for orientation. Then, complete your daily self-care practices and self reflection journal at home over the next 6 weeks. The first week of the program includes a two-day mini cleanse of kitchari to reset the digestive system. As well, you will set aside one Deluxe Self Care Day per week for more in-depth and time-consuming practices like self oil massage and yoga nidra.
The program includes two other opportunities to meet in person. You are invited to attend (at no extra charge) a supplementary public workshop (October 21) to expand on the foundation of ayurveda and seasonal living. You are also invited to gather once more privately at the end of the program (November 11) to share your experiences.
Though your daily practices are personal and private, you will have the benefit of a group experience. Zach will host two community calls over the course of the program where you can discuss and share your experience with others and ask for specific support from Zach and the community. You will also have access to a private online group forum and one private email exchange with Zach.
Your registration includes:
• Orientation workshop on Saturday, September 22 (mandatory attendance)
• One supplementary in-person workshop — Your True Nature: An Introduction to Ayurveda on Sunday, October 21 (recommended attendance)
• Closing circle on Sunday, Nov 11 (recommended attendance)
- Two community phone calls
- Access to an online group forum
- One private email exchange with Zach
- A comprehensive guidebook and journal
- A supply kit including: triphala, body oil, tongue scraper, spices, and kitchari supplies
- An audio download of a specially designed deep relaxation practice for this program
- Orientation Workshop: Saturday, September 22, 2:00-5:00pm
- Community Calls: Mondays 10/22 & 11/5, 7-8pm
- Your True Nature: An Introduction to Ayurveda: Sunday, October 21, 1:00-3:30pm
- Reflection Circle: Sunday, November 11, 1:00-2:30pm
- 40 Day Span: Monday, October 8 - Friday, November 16
- Registration Deadline: recommended by Sept 19
$225.00 if paid by September 5 | $250.00 if paid after
MEET YOUR GUIDE:
Zach’s practice is rooted in the wisdom of yoga as therapy, practical ayurveda, tantra philosophy, and other contemporary systems (Hannah Somatics & Feldenkrais). His goal through both group and private work is to facilitate authentic and transformative experiences that lead to empowerment, self-understanding, and compassion. He began formal studies in 2008, and hasn’t stopped seeking since. Zach’s certifications include Yoga Instructor (E-RYT 200, RYT-500 in-training), Ayurvedic Yoga Specialist (AYS), Ayurvedic Health Counselor (AHC), and SomaYoga Therapist. This combined skill-set gives way to a multi-faceted approach to healing; one that does not fit rigidly in only the body, the mind, or the spirit, but rather weaves fluidly between them. His gratitude extends deeply to the lineage of teachers who have come before him, including Yogarupa Rod Stryker, Dr. Rosy Mann, Kathryn Templeton, James Tennant, Jim Bennitt, Molly McManus, and Ann Maxwell, among many additional inspirational mentors. In his free time, Zach enjoys playing games with his husband and friends, hiking midwest forests with their two dogs, rock wall climbing, and cooking delicious food. He also handcrafts ayurvedic self-care products for his company, Element Ayurvedic Apothecary (found on the shelves at Sacred Space). For more information, please visit: zachdoesyoga.com and elementselfcare.com.
* What To Expect *
A FEW THINGS TO KNOW:
1. Please arrive a few minutes ahead of time to find your spot and get settled.
2. Shoes are removed at the door, and you are welcome to store your belongings in cubbies.
3. Please turn your phone to silent.
4. We do not take pre-registration for our weekly classes so they are first-come-first-served.
5. We have mats available to rent for $1